Thursday, April 3, 2014

California Roll Sushi Salad

In the last year I have attempted to have a salad for lunch most days during the week, but sometimes you just have to mix it up. Sushi is absolutely one of my favorite foods, so this is a fun twist on the usual salad. It makes a big bowl of salad (about 4 servings), so it would be a fun meal to make for fellow sushi-loving friends. Next time I think I'll add some toasted black and white sesame seeds to top it off with a little crunch.

Here's what you need:
Baby Spinach
1 Cup Brown Rice
1/2 Cup Seasoned Rice Vinegar
2 TbspLow Sodium Soy Sauce
1 Tablespoon Wasabi Paste
8oz Lump Crab Meat (or imitation, your choice)
Avocado, sliced
Shelled Edamame (optional)
Matchstick Carrots (I just tossed in a handful)
1 Cucumber, cut into chunks
2 Nori sheets, cut into thin strips

Cook your rice according to the package instructions, and set aside. Let it cool to room temperature. Whisk together your Rice Vinegar, Soy Sauce, and Wasabi. In a large bowl, mix your nori, carrots, cucumber, and rice. Add your wasabi-soy-vinegar mixture and stir, adding crab meat last. Serve on top of baby spinach, topping it off with edamame and avocado. Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Looks delicious!! :)

    lelaandlace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This salad sounds delicious! I love sushi and I haven't had any for awhile. I need to fix that!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...