Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Back on the Shelf: Mr. Penumbra's 24-Hour Bookstore


I found Mr. Penumbra's 24 Hour Bookstore on a list of the 'best books to read on the beach' last summer, however I didn't make it around to this one until just a few weeks ago. After reading the summary, I expected an interesting, puzzling kind of adventure. Well, it wasn't boring, really--in fact, it was interesting enough that I made it to the end! The story was eventful enough that I really did want to get to the end and find out where the story was going, but I could have done with out the constant mentions of certain companies. I didn't particularly want to read a book that made me feel like I was reading reading an advertisement. A lot of people seem to have really loved this book, it just wasn't my cup of tea. Have you read this one? What did you think?

Next up is Sharp Objects by Gillian Flynn.

1 comment:

  1. I agree! I felt like if I heard "that company's" name one more time I was going to flip. I think the concept was good but the story could have been much better.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...