Friday, December 27, 2013

Orange Beach, Fairhope, and Point Clear

I hope that each and every one of you had a lovely holiday. I spent the week before Christmas down on the beach for a little pre-Christmas vacation with my grandmother. As crazy as it seems, I just couldn't help walking barefoot down by the water. The weather was lovely and just warm enough during the day to spend it outside walking on the beach. I spent one entire afternoon on the balcony reading John Grisham's Skipping Christmas cover to cover. An old favorite of ours is to drive into Fairhope one day when we're at Orange Beach. The little downtown is a lovely place to walk around and browse--we always make sure to stop by Aubergine Antiques, where I may have picked up a couple of pieces to use in our wedding. Instead of stopping for our usual lunch at the Fairhope Inn, we walked to the Windmill Market and had lunch at Sweet Olive, where I ended up sitting a table down from Jason Schwartzman and his family. If you don't know who he is, I suggest you go watch some Wes Anderson films (Rushmore, The Darjeeling Limited, Moonrise Kingdom, etc). On our way back from Fairhope, we stopped at Point Clear to have afternoon drinks overlooking the Bay just before the sun started to go down. The entry was decorated so beautifully that I couldn't help but snap a quick picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...