Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Local Love: Icebox Coffee


Any other coffee lovers out there? I could pretty much drink coffee any time, but in the summer I am all about a good iced coffee. Enter Icebox Coffee, a local company that cold brews their blends right here in Birmingham. The first time I came across the company was downtown at Pepper Place Market, where you can pick up a cup while you're wandering through the vendors on Saturday morning. Their coffee concentrate comes in the niftiest bottle, where you can easily measure the about you're using to create whatever coffee concoction you're craving.
The bottle I received was New Orleans Blend, and first I mixed 1.5oz of concentrate with 4-5oz of unsweetened vanilla almond milk, a half packet of sweetener, and some ice. Also, I got out my handy little milk frother and foamed a little milk to add to the top. Their recipes call for using 1 oz. of concentrate for every 4 oz. of milk or water, but I like strong coffee so I used a little more. Yum. It was a refreshing, light pick-me-up that I definitely needed.
I decided to try something a little different, so I mixed up two servings of cold coffee according to their directions and poured it into popsicle molds. To each mold I added about 1/2 to 3/4 of a teaspoon of hazelnut cream. They didn't come out as creamy as I had hoped, so next time I think I'll use milk instead of water when I mix up coffee pops. They still tasted great!

I've found that the rest of my Icebox coffee has been perfect for mornings when I forget to make a pot of coffee or am running late--I just pour a little in a to-go cup, add almond milk and splenda and head out the door. Sunday morning I whipped up a little 2point Weight Watchers Iced Mocha with it. From what I hear you can find Icebox Coffee at Whole Foods (here's a list of other places to buy), and I'm definitely going to have to pick up another bottle. They just released their Madagascar Vanilla and I'm dying to give it a try! Have you had Icebox Coffee? If you want to try before you buy a whole bottle, stop by their booth at Pepper Place on any given Saturday morning during market season!

Icebox Coffee provided me with a sample of their coffee in hopes that I might review it. I am not being compensated for this post. Any product that I recommend is solely because it is something I enjoy.

3 comments:

  1. I have not tried this yet, but it sounds fun! I love the idea of making popsicles with it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah girl Imma need you to mail over those popsicles ASAP

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my this looks delish--both the coffee and the pop--and i need them both right now! off to get a cold brew started right now...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...