Monday, October 21, 2013

Live Music: Patty Griffin

Not much makes me happy like going out and soaking in some good live music. Birmingham has a good number of great concert venues, but of course I have my favorite. My parents came to visit this weekend and I took them to WorkPlay on Saturday night to see Patty Griffin. We've all been fans of hers for quite a few years now, so this was one show we couldn't miss. She and her band did not disappoint. There was a whole lot of talent up on that stage. A few songs in, I snuck up to the front, camera in hand & snapped this photo right as she started to play Top of the World--a favorite of mine that was on one of her older albums, Impossible Dream. By the time we left the theater, the air was cool and crisp like it should be in mid-October. It couldn't have been a better day.


I've put together a playlist of a few of her albums in case anyone wants to give her a listen. I think you'll love it:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...